Our nature walk takes you into the ancient woods along lakes and mystic mires. The forest we see belongs to the oldest forests in Lapland. You learn about arctic nature, its plants, birds and other animals.
Upon arrival you get to know more about our home and lifestyle in the Arctic where bush craft skills are part of everyday life. This place is tranquil; we even cannot see the lights of our nearest neighbor. During the walk we do birdwatching and plant identification. If we are lucky, we might see e.g. Siberian Jay, Pine Grosbeak and Capercaillie.
You also get to know arctic super food: berries and fungi. In August and September you can even try your own gathering skills. We end the walk with open-fire coffee/tea and local snacks in our kota.
Know before you go
- Get dressed by weather and wear preferably rubber boots or waterproof hiking boots (for mire sections). We walk about 2 hours.
- Mosquitoes and blackflies are most abundant from midsummer to mid-August. If necessary, we borrow mosquito hats for you.
- First snow might arrive early October. However, if it is not too abundant we can organize the walk.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent.
- The main guiding languages are English and Finnish. However, we can help also in German.
What do I need to bring?
We recommend you bring your own camera and/or binoculars.
Booking in advance
Contact the company
Not exactly what you’re looking for? Contact the company for special requests and larger groups!