International Ivalo with EU’s northernmost airport is the gateway to Lapland North. The village is the administrative centre for the municipality of Inari, and also its largest population centre, so it comes as no surprise that this is where one can find the broadest range of services in northern Lapland. Village centre boasts the best sandy beach in the mighty River Ivalojoki – a unique feature in these latitudes.
- Municipality centre with a wide selection of services by the shores of Ivalo river
- Vast selection of hotels and other accommodation where you can stay in an aurora igloo, rooms, apartments and cottages
- Selection of restaurants that bring local ingredients and culture together for an all round culinary experience
- Must see sights: Ivalo river, Hammastunturi wilderness area, Nellim scenic road, sandy beaches
- During summer you can e.g. go hiking, trekking and biking as well as paddling, discgolfing, SUP-boarding, swimming or go for a cruise
- During autumn you can e.g. go hiking, trekking, paddling, mushroom and berry picking, hunting and fishing
- Winters favorite activities are e.g. cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, winter biking, reindeer and husky safaris, snowshoeing and walking