Early in the morning, we will meet at our renting office (Lutontie 3, Saariselkä) and give you all equipments needed for rafting. Trip begins with transport from Saariselkä to the edge of Kuttura, a Sami village, where our fully equipped rubber dinghy waits you. On a paddling course, our experienced guides explain about the flow of the currents and the stony areas above the rapids and how to control the dinghy. Every dinghy is steered by professional river rafting guide. On our way to Kultala along the river Ivalonjoki, we stop for a break and listen to the nature's mighty sounds on the famous "Saarnaköngäs rapids". In Kultala, we enjoy light snack and explore Kultala Kruununstation museum area – the centre of the gold rush, which is known for its more than 100-years history of gold. The trip continues forward and next stop is at Sotajoen suupankki wich is also famous for its gold history. At Ritakoski we will have soup lunch. The trip end at Tolonen where we come ashore and will be transferred back to Saariselkä by car. Duration will be 12-14 hours depending on the water level of the river.
Know before you go
Min. amount of participants is 6. (If there are 5 or less people 24 hours before the activity, the trip will be cancelled. We will contact you in this case).
We ask you to inform us, if you have any food-allergies or a special diet. For security reasons, we also ask you to contact us, if you aren’t able to swim or you suffer from a disease, that might have an effect on your performance during the trip. (For example: asthma,diabetes or epilepsy).
What do I need to bring?
- Rubber boots (There will be water at the bottom of the boat)
- Windproof and waterproof pants and jacket
- Warm and breathable layer of clothing under your clothes (no cotton)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen if needed Headwear under your helmet (For example, woolly hat or a cap)
- Fitting gloves that are warm and water resistant (Gardening gloves are ok)
- Own water bottle and some snack
- Insecticide/mosquito repellent
- Personal medicines (asthma inhalator, insulin, adrenaline pen)
- Warm extra clothing inside a plastic, -/ or a waterproof bag (We don´t recommend to take a regular back or a backpack)
- If you want to take pictures during the trip, we recommend taking a waterproof bag to your mobile phone and a camera.
Booking in advance
Contact the company
Not exactly what you’re looking for? Contact the company for special requests and larger groups!