This snowmobile safari will take you across the frozen Lake Inari, also known as the Sámi sea, to some of the historical sites of the surroundings area. You will visit what was once the old Sámi winter village centre in Pielpajärvi, where now only the wooden wilderness church, build in 1760 remains. You will also pay your respects to the rugged ancient Sámi sacrificial island, "Ukkos rock". A picnic soup lunch will be offered by the open campfire.
Know before you go
- Children between 4 - 11 years are joining this tour in the sleigh. Small children need to be in the sleigh with one parent.
- Bookings are confirmed after Visit Inari has received the payment.
- Children' policy (4-11 years old): -30% for all activities.
- Visit Inari reserves the right to interrupt a safari if a participant is seen as a potential danger to him/herself or to other participants.
- If the program requires special arrangements (e.g. additional transport), the extra cost will not be covered by Visit Inari.
- The providers reserve the right to change the program due to safety, weather conditions etc. without prior note.
- The estimated duration of tours are standard times and can vary according to road, weather or travel conditions or other unforeseen circumstances. The company cannot be made responsible for losses that a passenger may face due to delay of tour.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years old of age with a valid driver's license in Latin letters.
- Self-liability fee is max. 900€/snowmobile in case of accident.
What do I need to bring?
- Valid driver's license in Latin letters.
- Warm mid-layer
Booking in advance
Contact the company
Not exactly what you’re looking for? Contact the company for special requests and larger groups!